How to create an Estimote Account?

Follow

You’re going to need an Estimote Account to manage your beacons and use most of the tools and features of our platform. You can sign up for an Estimote Account in two ways:

To find about features we offer, read:

Do I have to use Estimote SDK? What are the benefits?

Signing up on the website

To sign up at estimote.com:

1. click sign up in the top right corner
  2. register using the same email address you provided when placing an order for Estimote Beacons/Stickers
  3. you’ll be logged in automatically and moved to Estimote Cloud dashboard.

Beacons are automatically assigned to the email address used during the purchase. If you sign up with a different email, you will need to transfer beacon ownership to the new account. To learn how to do that, read:

How to transfer beacons and manage ownership settings?

Signing up with a mobile app

1. open Estimote app
  2. go to the Devices screen
  3. tap Log in in the top right corner
  4. register using the same email address you provided when placing an order for Estimote Beacons/Stickers
  5. on Android, you will be logged in automatically. On iOS, you need to check your inbox for confirmation mail and click on the link to set up your password.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful

12 Comment(s)

JR

Any plans for Android support?

Ula Kierwiak

Hi JR,

We definitely have it on our roadmap, but I can't give you any specific ETA for now. Stay tuned!

Shivmack

Hi Ola,

I have purchased 2 development kits , but two where with different mail ID of our procurement team. All 6 belongs to same team though , I was able to change the mail ID but couldn't group all 6 under one mail_ID. Can you help us!

Ula Kierwiak

Hi Shivmack,

I just dropped you a message. Please, check your inbox.

For others who might face the same problem - write to us at contact@estimote.com and we'll help you reassign your beacons to the right account.

RB

Hi, from what I have read, if an agency orders 100 beacons or stickers for use with various clients, but want the clients to manage the configured messages themselves, the agency would NOT be able to create sub-accounts for its clients in Estimote Cloud, allowing them to see and manage their respectively assigned beacons.

Is that correct? And if so, is there any short-term plan to implement sub-account functionality in Estimote Cloud?

Thanks.

Wojtek Borowicz

Hi there,

Right now reassigning beacons between different accounts is only possible via directly asking us to migrate specific beacons (or all beacons from specific orders) to different accounts. However, we know that it might be a pain, so we're already working on implementing new features to Estimote Cloud allowing for much easier and smoother reassigning beacons, without the need to reach out to us.

Cheers.

Alejandro

In the estimote cloud I'm able to see my 3 new beacons but when I do click account settings nothing happens should I do something else?

Wojtek Borowicz

Hi Alejandro,

Can you tell me which OS and browser are you using? Have you tried switching the browser? Also, please make sure that you have JavaScript enabled (http://www.enable-javascript.com/).

Cheers.

Jason Smith

I cannot find the log in button on the android Estimote App

Ola Puchta

Hi Jason,

Our Android app doesn't support Estimote account yet.
    It's on our roadmap however.

kc

Hi Ola,

is there another way to register an Estimote without an Apple Inc device?

kc

Wojtek Borowicz

Hi there,

Sure! You can just go to estimote.com and click 'sign up' in the top right corner :)

Cheers.

Estimote is
hiring!