Estimote Indoor Location is software for mapping indoor environments, that allows for location of people and objects down to few meters. With Indoor Location app and SDK, developers can easily set up interactive locations and incorporate them into apps.
Indoor Location is based on beacons and advanced data science for establishing position of users and objects. Precision depends on location shape and size.
Setting up your location
To start you need at least one Estimote Location Beacon per wall. It’s important to use Estimote Location Beacons - you cannot set up a location with Estimote Proximity Beacons, Estimote Stickers or beacons from other vendors.
There are two ways to create a location with Estimote Indoor Location:
- with the app: good for testing and prototyping
- with the SDK: good for building your own app
Read another article to learn about setting up a location:
Getting started with Indoor Location SDK
With the SDK, you can easily implement Indoor Location in your own app! The Indoor Location SDK enables you to:
- set up a location manually (you can draw a room with coordinates)
- embed a built-in Location View - a map of your location with your current position marked on it - think Apple’s Map View, but for indoor!
- the Location View is fully configurable - customize its appearance, show and hide labels or leave a trace of your movement
- get raw positioning data - your coordinates (x, y) and orientation
- save and load locations to and from Estimote Cloud
To get started visit Estimote Developer Portal.
Where can I use Estimote Indoor Location?
You can use it in retail to navigate your customer through shelves. In hospitals to guide doctors, patients and visitors. On airports, to show travelers to their gates: the possibilities are endless! Also, thanks to integration with nearables and the search for physical world, you can create a new layer of interactions with apps.
Read more about nearables and Indoor Location: