Estimote Indoor Location is software for mapping indoor environments that allows you to locate people or objects down to few meters. With the Indoor Location app, SDK for iOS and SDK for Android, developers can easily set up interactive locations and incorporate them into apps.
Indoor Location is based on beacons and advanced data science for establishing the position of users and objects. Its degree of precision depends on the location's shape and size.
Setting up your location
To start you need at least one Estimote UWB Location Beacon per wall. It’s important to use Estimote UWB Location Beacons or Estimote Location Beacons - you cannot set up a location with Estimote Proximity Beacons, Estimote Stickers or beacons from other vendors.
There are two ways to create a location with Estimote Indoor Location:
- with the app: good for testing and prototyping
- with the SDK: good for building your own app
Read another article to learn How to set up a location?
Why Indoor Location SDK?
With the SDK, you can easily implement Indoor Location in your own app! The Indoor Location SDK enables you to:
- set up a location manually (you can draw a room with coordinates)
- embed a built-in Location View - a map of your location with your current position marked on it - think Apple’s Map View, but for indoor!
- the Location View is fully configurable - customize its appearance, show and hide labels or leave a trace of your movement
- get raw positioning data - your coordinates (x, y) and orientation
- save and load locations to and from Estimote Cloud
To get started visit Estimote Developer Portal.
The mapping wizard and the Location Builder API are currently iOS-only, so dust your iPhone off or borrow one from a friend.
After mapping your space you can choose to continue working on iOS or change to Android!
Where can I use Estimote Indoor Location?
You can use it in retail to navigate your customer through shelves. In hospitals to guide doctors, patients and visitors. On airports, to show travellers to their gates: the possibilities are endless! Also, thanks to integration with nearables and the search for the physical world, you can create a new layer of interactions with apps.
Read more about nearables and Indoor Location: