Keep your beacons updated to enjoy all the new features which we add on a regular basis. Each update also brings bug fixes and security tweaks so you'll always want to have the latest firmware installed for the best experience.
You need beacons assigned to your Estimote Account in the cloud (see: How to create Estimote Account) and a smartphone with Estimote iOS or Android app.
- Open the ‘Devices’ section in the Estimote app.
- Place a beacon next to your device and select it from the radar or list view.
- You need to log in to your account if you haven’t already done so.
- Go to the ‘Operating system’ tab. From here you can update your beacon’s firmware.
- Don’t worry if the update pauses - it might take a few minutes.
Your beacons are up to date now!
Finally, it's also possible to update beacons using our SDK. You can use the ESTUpdateFirmwareDemo from Examples to do that.