You need beacons assigned to your Estimote Account in the cloud (see: How to create Estimote Account) and a smartphone with Estimote iOS or Android app.
- Open the ‘Devices’ section in the Estimote app.
- Place a beacon next to your device and select it from the radar or list view.
- You need to log in to your account if you haven’t already done so.
- Go to the ‘Operating system’ tab. From here you can update your beacon’s firmware.
- Don’t worry if the update pauses - it might take a few minutes.
Your beacons are up to date now!
Finally, it's also possible to update beacons using our SDK. You can use the ESTUpdateFirmwareDemo from Examples to do that.