To set up a location with Estimote Indoor Location, you first need to configure your beacons. The app will do this automatically. If it returns ‘Missing beacons’ screen, it most likely means that the beacons are:
- too far from the phone
- not assigned to your Estimote Account
- not properly configured (see here how to configure them)
When shipping beacons, we automatically assign their ownership to the email address used during the purchase. In the configuration phase, Indoor Location app will only look for beacons assigned to you.
To confirm if the beacons work properly and are assigned to the email address you're currently logged in with:
- make sure you’re in the range of the beacons
- open the Estimote app (the regular app, not the Indoor app)
- go to the Configuration section
- log into your Estimote account
- Find each of your beacons on the radar or list and tap on them, this will initiate the connection.
- If the connection is properly established, beacons work properly so likely they're not configured in the right way. If you believe that's not the case, contact us!