If you’re having problems with setting up your location using Estimote Indoor Location app, there’s a couple of steps you take to improve the measurement process. We describe them below.
First of all, remember that the app is mostly for testing and prototyping. If you’re setting up a location that’s large or has a complex shape (not rectangular), it’s best to use Indoor Location SDK to create the location manually.
- Use an Indoor Location compatible device.
- Make sure you're using the latest version of the Estimote app or the Indoor SDK.
- Take some time to do it: walk slowly and with distinctive steps, avoid sudden turns and changes of direction, pause for a moment after turning to let the compass adjust and stabilize its reading.
- Hold the phone flat (i.e. parallel to the floor) and in front of you when walking between beacons.
- Don't reject a map that's not inch-perfect. You can adjust its dimensions, just follow our tutorial.
Getting measurement errors? Map the location manually
If you're not satisfied with the results from the app, you can always set up the location programmatically, with Indoor Location SDK. The EILLocationBuilder class allows you to input X and Y coordinates of location's corners and beacon placement.