Estimote Beacons are assigned to your account when you order a dev kit. Each beacon can only be assigned to a single user at a time.
To configure beacons' settings and build apps with them, you need to be authorized and beacons need to be assigned to your Estimote Cloud account. The only exception is the Development Access Mode.
If your beacons are in Development access mode, you don't need to transfer them. Simply share them with your peers, they will be able to connect and configure beacons. They won't be, however, able to change the ownership of the beacons or the access mode - only the owner can do that.
The other access mode available is Deployed & Protected mode. It only allows the owner of the beacons to connect to them and modify their settings.
How do I transfer beacons to others?
- Log into your Estimote Account at cloud.estimote.com.
- Check the beacons you want to transfer.
- Click Transfer at the top of the screen
- Type the email address of the new owner. Remember that there must be an Estimote Account under this email address: otherwise, it won’t work.
That’s it! The new owner can already access the beacons with their email address. Keep in mind that you can't transfer beacons that are in a mesh network. First of all, you will need to remove them from the mesh (remember to connect to them with the Estimote app to update the settings). Once they're out of mesh, you can follow the steps above and transfer them to another account.
Don't have beacons on your account?
Use Estimote iOS / Android app to claim them:
- Open the Estimote app and go to the Configuration screen
- Log into your Estimote account
- Tap on the beacon that you want to connect to (either on the radar or on the list). The app will probably say that it doesn’t belong to you.
- Tap Claim in the top right corner.
The current owner (if there's any) will receive an email notification, prompting them to transfer the ownership to you. A single click in the email will do and the beacons will show up in your account.
If you're facing issues with the beacon detection or connection in the Estimote app, check out the following articles: