Estimote Beacons are assigned to your account when you order a dev kit. Each beacon can only be assigned to a single user at a time.
To configure beacons' settings and build apps with them, you need to be authorized, meaning:
- You are the owner of the beacon and they are assigned to your Estimote Cloud account.
- The beacon is in the Development Access Mode and you can connect to and configure it in the Estimote app.
If your beacons are in Development Access mode, you don't need to transfer them. Simply share them with your peers, they will be able to connect and configure beacons. Deployed & Protected mode, in its turn, means only the owner can configure them. At this moment, only Location Beacons with UWB support this.
How do I transfer beacons to others?
- Log into your Estimote Account at cloud.estimote.com.
- Check the beacons you want to transfer.
- Click Transfer at the top of the screen
- Type the email address of the new owner. Remember that there must be an Estimote Account under this email address: otherwise, it won’t work.
That’s it! The new owner can already access the beacons with their email address.
Have beacons, but can’t access them?
Use Estimote iOS/ Android app to claim the ownership:
- Open Estimote app and go to the configuration screen
- Log into your Estimote Account
- Connect to a beacon that you want to claim. The app should say that it doesn’t belong to you
- Tap Claim in the top right corner.
The current owner (if there's any) will receive an email notification, prompting them to transfer the ownership to you. A single click in the email will do.
Transferring ownership of stickers with Estimote Cloud works exactly the same.