I cannot see my beacons in Estimote Cloud dashboard. How do I add them?

Follow

To be able to manage your beacons in the Estimote Cloud dashboard, you first need them assigned to your Estimote Account. If it doesn’t happen automatically, you’ll see the following message after logging in to Estimote Cloud:

It seems you don't have any beacons registered in Cloud. Please contact our Support Team if you feel this is wrong or to purchase new beacons.

Why am I seeing this?

Every Estimote Beacon or Sticker is assigned to the email address used when placing an order, moments before we ship them to you. If we cannot find this email address in our database, beacons won't be assigned and you won't see them in your Cloud. To add the beacons, here are 4 possible scenarios, choose the one that applies to your case:

1. I accidentally used a different email address to place an order / create a Cloud account.

If that's the case, we'll need to assign the beacons manually to you. Please reach out to us at contact@estimote.com and include the following details:

• email address that was used to place an order or your order ID
  • number and type of beacons purchased
  • email address associated with the Cloud account that the beacons should be added to.

2. Someone I know bought the beacons for me

In some cases, the beacons might be ordered by procurement in your company, a colleague, or organizer of an event you attended, a reseller or anyone in your company handling purchases. There are 2 options - they have created a Cloud account beforehand and the beacons are added there now. Or they haven't.

If they have, you can request access to those beacons by following these steps:

1. open Estimote iOS app,
  2. enter Devices screen
  3. log in to your Estimote Account
  4. connect to a beacon you want to claim
  5. tap Claim in the top right corner. An email with a transfer request has just been sent to the original owner. All they need to do is accept the transfer and the beacon will show up in your Cloud right away.

I_cannot_see_my_beacons_in_Estimote_Cloud_dashboard._How_do_I_add_them-___Estimote_Community_Portal_2017-08-03_15-28-34.png

If this person didn't create a Cloud account, you'll need to reach out to us so that we can add the beacons manually. Email us at contact@estimote.com and include the same information as in the first scenario:

• email address that was used to place an order or your order ID
  • number and type of beacons purchased
  • email address associated with the Cloud account that the beacons should be added to.

If you bought beacons from a reseller but your claim requests don't get any responses, reach out to them. They will be able to transfer the beacons for you.

3. I'm not sure who bought the beacons

First of all, please try to claim your beacons and see if there's any response. It could be that someone at your company was using the beacons before. In this case, they will receive an email with a claim request which they might just accept. If this doesn't work, you'll need to reach out to us at contact@estimote.com and give us sufficient information so that we can find the beacon(s). If possible, please include the following:

• the email address that you suspect might have been used to purchase the beacons or use them (or at least the domain name)
  • the quantity and type of beacons (alternatively - colors of beacons if you don't know which type it is)
  • the beacon's Mac/Identifier which you can find when you connect to a beacon through the Estimote app. It will look something like this: d426d955cee4a20943712546cea47839 or a93d7f9301ef for older beacons. If you found something that you think might be the identifier but doesn't look anything like these - it's probably now what you're looking for
  • if you can't find the identifier, please send us UUID, Major and Minor of a beacon. If you cannot find those with the Estimote app, scan for beacons with any BLE Scanner for either iOS or Android and it should show up on the list.

4. I received beacons with an activation code

In some cases, like with our expedited shipping program and with Amazon orders, we provide beacons with activation codes. You should be able to find an activation code inside of your devkit box. Using an activation code will automatically transfer all beacons assigned to this code to your Estimote Account.

To activate beacons, go to https://cloud.estimote.com/#/activateBeacon and enter your activation code.

Please note that activation codes are not added to most devkits. If you do have an activation code but for some reason it doesn't work, please contact us at contact@estimote.com and include the following information:

• the email address of your cloud account
  • the activation code
  • if there's no activation code or it's not clearly visible, please log in to the Estimote app, connect to one of the beacons and send us its identifier. It will look something like this: d426d955cee4a20943712546cea47839 or a93d7f9301ef for older beacons. If you found something that you think might be the identifier but doesn't look anything like these - it's probably now what you're looking for.

Once we have those details, we'll be able to assign the beacons to your account. We apologize for the inconvenience.

How can I let others access my beacons?

It’s possible to transfer beacons to new owners and to share IDs of your beacons with third party apps. However, right now there is no way to share full access to beacons between multiple Estimote Accounts. Therefore, if you want more team members allowed to see and edit beacons settings, we advise sharing a single account.

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful

2 Comment(s)

Seunggu Lee

I cann't activate my beacons.
    After I installed estimote beacon app, Clicked the Claim button.
    But It was shown that Email was sent to beacon's owner.
    Where is beacon's owner?
    Help me

Steven Larkins

I am having the same issue as Seunggu Lee.
    The beacons arrived with an activation code but when trying to activate them it tells me they already have been activated so I can't activate them...
    I try to claim the beacons but I am not the owner.....
    Please help Estimote I started a case and would like to get this resolved.

Estimote is
hiring!