How to enable Estimote Monitoring?

Follow

With Estimote Monitoring, the ultimate goal is to improve the reliability of enter/exit reporting. We apply complex math on top of a ton of research and experience related to beacon detection. The latest version of the Estimote Monitoring also addresses pre-configuration hassle and lifts the region monitoring limit.

Estimote Monitoring works out of the box for both Proximity and Location beacons shipped after mid-September 2017. If you’ve got your beacons before, you can easily switch! Learn how to do it and explore the next steps, below.

Enable Estimote Monitoring in the Estimote app

iOS 

1. Get the Estimote App.
  2. Select Configuration and log in.
  3. Tap on a beacon you want to work with.
  4. In Broadcasting tab select Estimote Monitoring and enable it.
  5. You are ready to go!

soszka.jpg

Android

1. Get the Estimote app.
  2. Select Configuration and log in.
  3. Choose the beacon you want to work with.
  4. In Beacon Details, scroll to the Broadcasting Settings.
  5. Enable Estimote Monitoring.
  6. You are ready to test it!

soszka_2_2_kopia.jpg

What’s next?

• Beacon demos in the Estimote app allow you to experience main proximity use cases out of the box. You can easily showcase proximity-based scenarios powered by the latest Estimote Monitoring.

Image_uploaded_from_iOS.jpg  

• Estimote App Templates are the next step. Download a template to compile your first Estimote Monitoring-powered proximity app and learn how it works.  

Screen_Shot_2017-09-12_at_13.05.13.png

Keep in mind that Estimote Stickers and first generation Proximity Beacons are not compatible with Estimote Monitoring. Go for Nearables tutorial to build your stickers-powered app.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful

7 Comment(s)

Joe Sarabia

I purchased Proximity Beacons a couple of weeks ago, but I don't see an option to turn on Estimote Monitoring. Does this mean I have first generation Proximity Beacons?

Jacob Madden

With iOS app version 2.30.7 using my Location beacons, I do not see the Broadcasting tab in step 4. I still see the Packets tab. I think a step or two is missing.

Joe Sarabia

I'm in the same situation as Jacob with respect to not seeing the Broadcasting tab. I'm using iOS app v2.30.7 and Hardware Version G1.8 Proximity Beacons.

Piotr Malek

Joe, Jacob - could you guys please send us screenshots from your app at contact@estimote.com? Please include also your order IDs so that we can investigate. G1.8 is the latest iteration of Proximity Beacons and, along with Location Beacons, they're fully compatible with Estimote Monitoring. Email us and we'll have a look. Thanks!

Piotr Malek

Hi everyone, it was a bug and it should be fixed in the new version of iOS app (2.30.8). It's available on the App Store already, please make sure you update your app and try again.

Jacob Madden

Hi Piotr, after the iOS app update, the Broadcasting tab is there and everything works as described in this article. Thank you.

Piotr Malek

Fantastic to hear, Jacob. If there are any further issues, please do let us know. Have a great day!

Estimote is
hiring!